We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to lead and encourage residents to join in meaningful activities whilst maintaining their independence, choice and dignity, to enable them to lead as full and active life as possible. To create a stimulating and varied programme of leisure activities and social events, inside and outside of the home, for residents to enjoy. To work with each new resident to understand their likes/dislikes, abilities and needs to put together an individual social care plan and to evaluate regularly. To engage the local community into the daily lives of residents by initiating contact with local community groups enabling residents to partake / continue with hobbies and interests as desired.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for Elderly Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
• Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
• As an Activities Assistant, you will also be required to make small group presentations and take the lead in orienting and training all volunteers.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
• Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
• Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
• Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
• Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable