A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Assembly Operator/ Fitter with one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of Aerospace interiors systems.
This is a temporary to permanent role located in the West Sussex Area.
- Working with an established team within the Assembly department.
- to drill, assemble parts and other hardware using a variety of hand and machine tool.
- high levels of attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow processes and procedures are essential.
Working hours: 6am- 2pm, 7:30am – 4pm; 2pm-10pm Monday to Friday; Overtime and weekend hours – optional
The successful Aircraft seats Fitter day to day duties will include:
- Interpreting technical drawings & instructions and working to close tolerances.
- Assembly as per drawings /specification within the required timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed accordingly
- Read and follow technical drawings and carry out the works using various hand tools, drilling.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Assembly/ Fitting experience is essential
- Experience using hand and automated assembly tools is required
- High level of attention to detail, Ability to work with accuracy, high levels of manual dexterity and to strict deadlines
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Responsible for the well-being and health & safety of both yourself and fellow workers
The successful Fitter will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product and flexible as there will be overtime. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / Aerospace environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.