We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic support workers, who love and thrive of making a positive difference. Somebody looking for an occupying role, with lots of diversity. We are looking for someone with a mature, courteous approach, who can offer companionship to Elderly, young adults, children, all with challenging behaviour. You will actively be a part of their lives helping them become a little bit more independent, enjoying days out and keeping them occupied with activities, and just actively playing a big part in their lives.
If you’re struggling to find the right job/career, want something that gives back, where you feel appreciated, this could definitely be a good opportunity for you.
· The successful candidate will be expected to assume a level of responsibility designated by the home manager/team leader.
· To be aware of the Care Quality Commission, its role and the essential outcomes and regulations
· Provide a high level of dignity, respect and value to the service users and in all areas of contact.
· Provide respect of their personal wishes, choices, space and possessions and have due regard to the level of disability of all service users and respect their individuality.
· To work in an anti-discriminatory manner, challenging any discriminatory behaviour in the unit.
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with service users relatives, outside agencies and other professionals
· To participate in regular supervision sessions and individual personal reviews with your homes/manager/team leader, and attend regular staff meetings.
· Reporting all accidents/incidents or their health hazards in line with the company policy.
· Undertake tasks of a domestic nature, for example, purchasing food, cooking, laundry, house cleaning and many more day to day duties.
Requirements and experience:
· 1 year support/care work experience is preferred but not essential